Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Britney Spears with a side of Bacon

A few weeks ago I bought a new alarm clock that allows for me to wake up to my iPod. My previous alarm clock had a cd option that broke about 2 years ago and the radio didn't work, so I have be subject to BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. Not my favorite way to wake up.

At this time, I have a 75 song pop song list (thanks iTunes Genius) that plays every morning, picking up where ever it left off the previous day. Thus, I have anyone from Britney to Ke$ha to Justin to Lady Gaga saying good morning.

Well like all technology, I have already found a superior alarm clock that I must get - the Wake 'n Bacon. The construction of this clock reminds me of something I would have made in wood shop back in middle school, but sometimes simple is best. After all, the iPod is a very simple looking device and we all fawn over it. So here I have a big wooden box with ears and a pig nose, just seems like a large novelty clock until you realize it wakes you up by cooking bacon!

All you have to do is put in a piece of frozen bacon when you are getting ready for bed and the timer is set to start cooking 10 minutes before you want to wake up. You are then gentley woken up with the smell and sizzle of bacon. Yum. Now I would still need some sort of noise, because I don't know if the smell of bacon alone could wake me up every day. But I would definitely pop out of bed faster if I had Beyonce AND Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment