Thursday, May 26, 2011

No Mess Makeup

I try my best to look put together on a regular basis. Every so often I will go the extra mile and throw on some eye shadow, pencil and mascara. Once in a blue moon I will go balls to the walls and even go for the foundation (let's be real, tinted moisturizer), concealer, etc to give my skin a nice even tone. In the past I have shied away from the foundation simply because I hate the mess. I would end up getting it on my fingers, even with using cotton balls or pads.

While flipping through a magazine, I saw Michelle Phan recommended using a stippling brush (or at least I think she recommended it....there were a few beauty articles) to apply foundation. Last weekend, I stopped at the MAC store in the Natick Mall and purchased one.


This morning, I felt refreshed and ready to take on the world, which meant full face of makeup. I was excited to pull the new brush out of my brush holder to see if the coverage would be even and perfect. Well let me tell you, I am in love.

The bristles are different heights which allow the brush to hold onto the foundation (or at least I think they do). You simply blot the product on your face where you want the most coverage and then start smoothing it all over. The sensation you get as the brush moves around your face is just heavenly. I honestly stood there for a minute or two painting away.

I know I splurged by going MAC, so I understand if you wouldn't want to drop the money for the brand. But I would totally encourage a makeup enthusiast to go for the purchase, or if you simply like the feeling of tiny little feathers tickling your face, either way, totally worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment