Friday, January 14, 2011

It was in the stars


When the Social Network came out last year, I said I had no interest in going to see it. I further revised this statement and decided not only did I not want to pay for a movie ticket, but I didn't want to even watch it on HBO. In fact, the only way I would watch the flick is if I were on an airplane and it was free.

Well, thanks to Jetblue bribing me into a happier place after delaying my return flight, that exact situation fell into my lap. There I was at 7:40 am, just about to lift off and ready to spend the next few hours watching the story of facebook.

To be honest, I loved the opening scenes and the fast paced dialogue. In the end, the movie was enjoyable, but if I had to recommend my favorite movies of this past year, it wouldn't be in the top three (Inception, Despicable Me, Black Swan). If you have an afternoon to waste and have access to the film for free, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, if you haven't yet seen it, feel good knowing that your life is no less amazing than mine is now, it wasn't a life-changer or a breath-taker.

No comments:

Post a Comment