Sunday, January 2, 2011

Still vacation until I go to work pt. 1

For the last few years, I have taken advantage of the fantastic sales at the beginning of the new year by wandering around Newbury St and the Copley Mall here in Boston. Previously, I have scored finds such as Lucky Jeans, silver pendants, and blazers from Lord & Taylor. 2011 might have been my best year yet.

For months now, I have coveted a pair of Hunter rain boots (and fleece liners) more than any pair of heels. The brand's reputation is fantastic, quality superb, and I have yet to hear of a bad review from a friend.

Normally these rain boots are priced at $120.00. Not the most expensive shoes in the world, but I do have a hard time justifying that price to a simple galosh. I have spent many hours searching the web for a sale on these boots and have yet to find a deal.

Fortunately for me, I decided to walk up Bolyston on the way to the Copley Mall today. A new branch of the Tannery has popped up near the gardens and I noticed a big 50% off sign. I figured there was no harm in taking a quick look-ee-loo. As soon as I walked in there was a pair of bright blue Hunter boots with a big ol' 50% orange dot on them. When I went to get a closer look, the sales guy let me know that he was sorry because they only had one size 7 (the ones in my hand) and some 11s. Well, that is perfect for me and my teeny feet. I quickly tried them, checked out some fleece liners and was out of the store $90 poorer by 100 times happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment