Sunday, May 1, 2011

Childhood Favorite Destroyed


A month behind the entertainment news, but that doesn't mean I can't relay my horrors to the masses that make up the internet. I just found out that there is going to be a movie version of "The Lorax". This was my all-time favorite Dr. Suess book and potentially children's story of all time. My love for this story began back in kindergarten when I watched the 1st grade class of my school put on a play based on the 72 page book.

Well now Universal is making this into a movie. Oye. What is with producers turning a short, simple children's story into a 2 hour mess?? (I am purely speculating on time, but I am fairly certain it would be more in line of the Jim Carrey 104 minute Grinch than the lovely simple 26 minute animated version)

And how are the producers further twisting the dagger in my heart? They have casted Taylor Swift as one of the characters (who doesn't exist in the actual story). The only plus is that this movie is animated...ugh.

Fingers crossed the Truffula trees and Brown Bar-ba-loots look as crazy fun and adorably cute as they do in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment