Tuesday, October 19, 2010

1, 2, 3 and to the 4... wives


On Sunday, TLC put on a Sisterwives marathon. Over the course of the last few weeks I have read a number of blog posts about this show and vowed never to watch it. But, like my Jersey Shore vow, I completely crumbled and gave the show about 3 hours of my tv's life. My only defense is that I was doing homework and so it was just on in the background. At the same time, I cannot deny the fact there were times I paused my work so I could rewind a bit to make sure what I thought I heard was accurate.

There are a number of reasons I would not want to be any of those women.Well there is the obvious, the 16 children - oh did you think I was going to say 3 other wives? - imagine being in a house where there is always at least one toddler!

After the kids, would be the wives. I mean, the kids come first, because I imagine the other wives wouldn't like it if I said, nope, not touching those brats, you deal with them. Because of this attitude, I think I would make a terrible candidate as a sisterwife. Dang.

The third would be Kody himself. What do these women see in him? He is pretty creepy. From what I've read he converted to a religion that allows for polygamy. I know people convert religions all the time, but my gut tells me this guy did it for the extra wives. There is no mention of attending services ever.

I know I have no interest in living this lifestyle. Additionally, I hate the number of people who are getting famous for no reason except they are happy to be a fame whore. I think I could have stepped away after the first episode or two. I had a small interest in the first three wives, but not enough to want to continue watching this feathered hair man court a fourth. No, what kept me watching and invest all this time to the show was a clip that TLC kept showing.

It centered around Kody with all his wives letting out a secret that the newbie wife was appalled and embarrassed about. My money was premarital sex, there was a lot of talk about how wrong it was for her to even kiss him when he proposed, and since she isn't allowed even in the big house until the wedding ceremony, I just felt it had to be something physical. Boy was I wrong. He picked out her stupid wedding dress. Ugh. What a waste of my Sunday. And now it has wasted a post. Shaky fist TLC, shaky fist!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was completely wrong, too. I thought it was that she got knocked up already, since the other wife just had a kid. That is super lame, TLC.

    ReplyDelete