Monday, October 11, 2010

Should be called "Overwhelming"


I got a new phone this weekend, since I was due for an upgrade on my verizon plan. This time, I decided to go big and get a smartphone. Before heading to the store, I thought I had prepared myself enough to feel secure in phone shopping, but like always, picking out a phone is more work than you ever expect. In the end I went with the Driod X. The phone is amazing, and very smart, I am not even sure I have begun to understand all that it can do. What I do know, is that these phones shouldn't be called smartphones, but overwhelmingphones.

During the first day, I had fun finding a Lady Gaga ringtone app and checking my email while on the drive to JC Penny's with my mom. But later on messages started coming in, and I wasn't always sure if I was reading an email, text, or direct message from twitter. I just rolled with it all and figured it doesn't matter how I am getting back to everyone, the important thing is replying.

I am still working on figuring out some of the basics, e.g. getting my daily alarm to actually ring. But, overall I am very excited for this new phone and am happy to know I won't have to worry about getting lost while driving in the future, so long as the 3G network is available to connect to.

PS I did get the bundle of accessories that goes with the new phone. My Droid X currently lives happily inside a hot pink skin and matching skullcandy earbuds (with mic) for hands free chit-chatting

No comments:

Post a Comment