Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blogger Fail

Today after work I am scheduled to retake a Economics exam. Have I mentioned I am in grad school before? I'm too lazy to check, but if we are friends in real life, you definitely know this for the following reasons:
  1. I haven't been going to Redline on Thursdays on a regular basis
  2. I am severely behind in reading my magazines
  3. Additionally, my dvr is filling up
  4. Finally, I complain about having to do homework/study/attend class
Anyway, I can't bring myself to pay attention to supply, demand, or elasticity. I checked out a friend's blog. At this point I need to point out that she also uses google blogger. After catching up her musings, I considered my options; study economics or play blogger roulette by clicking on "next blog".

Of course I went for the next blog. I quickly went through about eight blogs in about 15 seconds. Why? Because it turns out if you decide to be a stay at home mom these days, you are required to create a blog around your child. Eight(!) blogs that center around the daily lives of someone under 2. These blogs were not about parenting, but about daily happenings in the life of a being that cannot speak. I get scrapbooks, photo albums, and home movies. But not these websites. Save the play-by-play crawl across the room to gnaw on some plastic object for your partner. The rest of us just don't care. I know that sentence sounds cruel, but let's face it, none of those women would be reading my blog anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment