Monday, April 18, 2011

Judy Greer Fan Club

I first fell in love with Judy Greer's comedic timing when she played Kitty Sanchez on Arrested Development. The scene when GOB tries to take one for the team by seducing her in the closet has to be one of the most amazing moments of the show.

After AD ended, I finally got around to seeing 13 going on 30 on DVD. I have a soft spot for bad chick flicks, and well, how do you hate on a movie that is based on magic glitter? As much as I thoroughly enjoy the film, Judy's character was not appealing at all. I know, I know, she is the bad guy. But she just lacked the right amount sass. I'll let it pass.

Now we have Judy in recurring roles on two very different shows. The first being Archer, where she voices Cheryl (aka Carol, Cristal, etc) an sassy, yet stupid, secretary to the title character. Just a few weeks ago, we learn she is from an extremely wealthy family, and works because she feels like it, she just doesn't feel like working that hard. Archer has slowly become one of my favorite shows and her comments, such as "Will someone tell me what cancer is already?" just make me crack up. I cannot wait to see what happens to her character now that her background has been revealed.

In addition to voicing an animated secretary, Judy is one of four main characters in Mad Love. Her lines are consistently delivered perfectly. I guess I really enjoy a female character who is slightly monotone, cynical and really snarky.

In the end, Judy can do no wrong right now. If I ran into her on the streets of Boston, I don't know why she would be here - just go with it, I would totally feel the need to ask her to hang out and get a drink. I'm sure she would say yes, who says no to a cocktail?

No comments:

Post a Comment