Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It is like I have a Home Gym now.

Going to the gym has been something that I have have been avoiding since I started to play kickball. Because clearly, kickball for 45 minutes, once a week, for a season is a major workout - I guess one could argue that if you include my walk to the field it almost is...

But back to the point, lately I have considered the fact that my metabolism will soon start to call it quits on me, and I should get in the practice of sweating to the oldies and what not. With my life changing decision to live on my own, I got caught up in the notion to also start going to the gym, eat more healthy, get a cat, etc. Very New Year's Eve of me! At this point, I have not followed through on any of those plans. But I have good reason for not signing up for the gym.


What is the reason, you ask?

I get a workout every time I go home.

(Side Note: Don't worry, I have no intention to ever look like her--->)

I have to climb up one steep hill to get to my street every day when I return from work or errands. Then I have to climb to the second floor, which doesn't sound like much, but I have to climb to the entrance way too! Additionally, when I do laundry that is a whole other set of stairs. Laundry is in the basement level and it is not easy to maneuver down the twisting spiral back steps with heaps of dirty clothing. Granted I should probably do my laundry a little more often, but then I would have less to carry but that also results with more trips up and down the stairs. Oh life...

In addition to laundry, I have been a moving machine attempting to get my place in shape. Carrying all sorts of furniture upstairs and assembling bookcase after bookcase. I really need to consider downsizing my library.... But all of this has caused so many bruises to pop up on my arms, legs and torso!

But yeah, the last time I was this consistently sore and tired I was rowing crew for HC. Chew on that for bit.

I am fairly certain I will have a fine set of legs and butt to match with all of this climbing that is in my future. Glad I get to save that monthly gym membership money - I need it, FOR RENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment