Saturday, August 22, 2009

MELTING - MEEEELLLLTTTTTIIIINNNNGGGG


Back from Alaska. It was AWESOME. Pictures will be up shortly for you to view - I am on stolen wireless still and so I don't think it the signal is strong enough for some serious photo uploads.

The Comcast man did come today, though!! Not only did he show up between 2 and 5 like I was promised, but he came at exactly 2 pm!! That never happens. So I have Cable up and running, the internet I will be installing myself. Eeeep! This should be interesting - I just wanted to save the $40 bucks, we are in a recession you know...

But basically, I wanted to complain for a moment that I went from Alaskan weather of 60 degree weather (with one day that was still only 40 by noon) to Massachusetts heat in the 90s! I don't think I have stopped sweating since I stepped off the plane. Sigh. I honestly feel like I am melting. I knew something like this was going to happen when we were all looking for summer to show up. She did, and she brought some major heat.

A few other points of interest:

  • United lost all of my family's luggage so we are 0-4 on the checked bags. They still have not yet located the bags, let alone started the process of sending them back to us. AWESOME. Fortunately, I have a LOT of underwear, so I should be able to survive for the next week or so.
  • I bought some book shelves for the apartment, this should help with the unpacking a ton as I will now have a place to put books, dvds and games. Sweet
  • I found a super cute couch at the Jordan's Clearance Wearhouse, sadly, I don't have a truck so I couldn't get that. Still couchless. Please let me know if you have a truck/van or know someone that would be willing to come with me to get some furniture! :) I would totally appreciate it. For now I am still on the look out for that ever so important piece of furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment