Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Netflix for Books

Last week I was lunching with a friend and we were talking about how much we love reading, but hate how expensive a good book could be, or worse how expensive a bad one ends up. (see: Eat Pray Love) Wouldn't it be awesome if there was some sort of program out there that provided a service which is like Netflix but for books??


Oh wait, that exists already. It is called the library.



I always forget that the library exists and contains books I would want to read. Part of me dreads entering into one because the books are not out on display like at Border's on tables sitting face up. With the library, I need to know exactly what I want before entering the facility. The library system understands my dilemma and has allowed for me to browse from the comfort of my office desk or living room couch.


At this moment I have put name name down to order 4 different books. Two have over a hundred holds on them (Packing for Mars and One Day), so maybe I will get a chance around Christmas? Either way, I am very hopeful for this and maybe, just maybe, my book buying budget will slowly decrease over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment