Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Yum

Everyone knows a bbq isn't complete without corn on the cob. This vegetable is the ultimate picnic table accessory, and brings joy to all ages, minus those currently sporting braces. It is crunchy, butter, salty, and sweet all in one bite. Yum!

Per usual, when I get cravings for a food item, such as these ears of corn, I cannot wait to pick one up and munch. Unfortunately, this often means I
attempt to pick up the food item as soon as it hits the table, aka the minute after it came off the grill/out of the pot. This results in an awkward game of hot potato between my hands and my mouth. I loved that at a child my parents would attach little corncob holders to the end so that my delicate fingers did not get subjected to butter burns.


As an adult the practice of using holders is looked down on. I should just woman up and deal. Up until now, I was going along with this. But then I saw these:
Who wouldn't be excited to use a unicorn as a corncob holder?? I was super bummed that they were sold out because lately I have been in a unicorn mood. Most likely this is because I am still totally loving Agnes (from Despicable Me) and all her enthusiasm. I mean, just try to hide your smile after watching this!

No comments:

Post a Comment