Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bacon Egg and Cheese. My hero.

I am not a huge breakfast person. Cereal tends to gross me out. I'm not sure why, I only assume it has something to do with the fact that I like crunch foods. In general, it takes me a while to eat breakfast and the cereal gets soggy. Uck.

Then there is the pancake, waffle, and french toast arena. Again, probably do to texture, I am not a huge fan. I rarely will use maple syrup, and if I do it is sparingly, instead I often go with jams. It might also be the sweetness. Not such a sweet person, well I'm nice and charming, but I prefer tart or salty whenever possible.

This leaves me with eggs. As much as I hate the smell of eggs, they are by far my favorite breakfast main course. All egg dishes must be accompanied by bacon (super crispy) and some sort of potato dish. Breakfast sandwiches and burritos are a personal favorite, as it allows for everything good and yummy to be within a super tasty easily portable setup. Back in college Culpeppers had the ultimate sandwiches. I miss them terribly.

Sigh.

This morning I was having a huge craving for such a sandwich. Last night I had a lot of fun with the second round of kickball playoffs. I needed that bit of grease to get the morning started off on the right foot. Realizing I had no where else to turn, I pulled up to my Dunkin Donuts and went for the Bacon/Egg/Cheese.

Scary enough, I had never purchased a breakfast sandwich from any fast food place before. Something about those premade circles of egg just freak me out. But, damn Gina, it wasn't half bad. I'm pretty sure this delicacy will become a staple in my life. Thanks Dunkins. You never fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment