Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's called the juice aisle

I stumbled upon The Boston Shaker website when I decided I would rather think about Christmas shopping instead of homework. After flipping through the pages, I realize that I have been in the actual store in Davis Square. The owner was super nice, and friendly. Based on the pictures the store has really come together since I last stepped in. (They had opened up for the Midnight Madness Shopping event, they hadn't painted yet, and he was using ladders to make shelves...)

Anyway, the shop has a section containing gift baskets, and one is called "Mock"-tail Recipe Starter Set. I understand some people don't do booze, or can't - i.e. pregnant women - but let's just be honest. A mock-tail is never as good as the real thing, simply because there is no booze. There is no need to purchase a kit when a smoothie recipe book costs like $10. Oh wait, it comes with some straws. Now it's worth it...

Now I feel bad about this post since I didn't realize that the store was local until after I got ramped up to rant about how unnecessary a mock-tail kit is. Support local!

No comments:

Post a Comment