Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas is getting expensive

The 12 Days of Christmas is by no means a favorite Christmas carol of mine. It takes about three and a half minutes to sing, which gets exhausting, and the tune doesn't make me want to dance around the tree. Imagine getting all those gifts! Personally, I don't have the space for the 50 extra people in my apartment (12 drummers drumming, 11 pipers piping, 10 lords a-leaping, 9 ladies dancing and 8 maids a-milking) and my lease only allows for 1 cat, not 23 birds (partridge, 2 turtle doves, 3 french hens, 4 calling birds, 6 geese a-laying, 7 swans a-swimming).

Additionally, I would feel bad for my true love as he would have to spend $23,439.38 to purchase the final round of the song. A group of people have been tracking the cost of the gifts since 1984 and just so you know, total costs have increased 9.2% since last year. Eeeep.

I went to see if I could find an enjoyable version of the song on youtube, and well, this is amazing. There is a gem of a moment around 1:30, I hope you enjoy it!



I mean who doesn't think of Toto when they think of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment