Saturday, October 16, 2010

Girls Night Revamped


I love having Girl Nights. As much as I love going out with a group of guys and girls, there is something about Girl Night Out (or In) that I just love. These nights are always full of lots and lotsof giggling.

Last night I went to a friend's house were we made dinner and watched a movie. The five of us helped to make mac and cheese, scallops, asparagus and apple crisp. Once everything was ready to be plated we snuggled into various couches and chairs to watch Iron Man 2.

The time before, was the BBQ feast and viewing The Town. If I think back one more Girl Night, it consisted of buffalo chicken dip, pizza and chick flicks.

I should hope by now, you have identified a pattern. Each of these nights, consists of food and movies. Alcohol also tends to make an appearance. As much as I enjoy a good dinner and movie, there are times I want a little more. Sometimes a theme is thrown into the mix, like, oh say, Twilight. But that doesn't change the fact that the night falls into the same pattern of food and film.

Fortunately, two girls from Indiana University have created a website devoted to girl night themes. Their nights tend to focus on home made meals (just like us) and crafts! I love the idea of this website and plan to frequent it before the next Girls Night In. I always complain about not having a belt to belt a dress, so maybe I will take a page out of Lazy Thursdays and have everyone make a Fantastic Fabric Belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment