Thursday, November 4, 2010

Amy Sedaris is pure joy


My mother sent me a to Amy Sedaris's new book "Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People" asking if I would be interested. The book centers around crafts for people with no money. I am taking this as proof that mother knows me well. She understands that a) I love crafts, especially tacky ones and b) I often tell her that I am poor - mainly due to my life choice of living by myself. I was thinking about posting about the book, even though I don't own it, but had been holding off. I am glad I did, because if this had gone up 3 weeks ago, she would not have yet interviewed with Wendy Williams.

Amy Sedaris is one of those comedians that I love and forget that I love until I see her again. Strangers with Candy was a great show, which, if memory serves me correctly, only lasted a season. Shame. Personally, I think she is the funnier Sedaris.

Anyway, she was on the Wendy Willaims Show. I have only seen clips on The Soup, but Wendy seems like a hoot and a holler. Having a wack-a-doo like Amy had to become entertainment joy. And it was.



The only other interview that I have seen of Amy was a few years ago when her first book came out. She was being interviewed on Chelsea Lately and decided this would be a great forum to discuss female health issues...with homemade props.

No comments:

Post a Comment