Monday, November 29, 2010

A Greater Power Doesn't Want Me to Diet

After chowing down Thanksgiving weekend, I thought it might be in my best interest to go on a diet until the Santa Speedo Run. The run is on December 11th and I would rather look as fit as possible when running around Boston in a bathing suit. Last night I made a declarative statement on twitter that it would be salad and pilates for the next two weeks. I find that if I don't let a large group know about my intentions, I don't go through with them.

After tweeting, I went the Exercise TV section of my On Demand and found a 21 minute pilates workout. Did the whole thing, felt good, felt positive. My plan began to form. Salads and some pasta for lunch/dinner, maybe some oatmeal for breakfast. Maybe I should do a second workout in the morning. You know, start the day off properly, helping me get some bounce in my step.

Well, all of this has gone up in smoke. Why? Because while I was shopping around the grocery today, after picking out THREE different types of lettuce, I came across this:


You're seeing this right. Cabot is making a Smoky Bacon Cheddar Cheese. And a block of it is sitting in my fridge as we speak. I haven't cut open the packaging yet, but I can't imagine I will make it through another day. Bacon and cheddar cheese can't be good for my diet. A beach body in December is pretty unrealistic, I mean, I can barely handle one during the summer.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, just cut out the pasta and eat that cheese, South Beach style!

    Or don't bother - Santa Speedo runs are about the ridiculousness of being outside in the December cold in your damn underwear and loving it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheese is awesome, and goes really well on egg sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! Yes, our Smoky Bacon Cheddar is hard to resist. So sorry! Good luck in the race! :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete