Friday, November 12, 2010

RAWR

Movies that center around women empowerment either come of patronizing or amazing. Made In Dagenham looks phenomenal. It is a film by the BBC based on real events regarding seamstresses fighting for equal pay. The cast looks perfect. Smee from Hook plays the lovable male who secretly or not so secretly supports and encourages the women to rebel.

I watched a few different clips from the film and I have to admit there were a few tears. As much as I hate history, I love history that revolves around feminist movements. Reading or watching events where women fight for equality just warms my heart so much and makes me want to find a cause to rally up behind. I know that the script is based on true events, but I really hope the dialogue at the end of the trailer real...I love me some extra sassy leaders.

Reporter 1: "What if the minister says no deal?"
Reporter 2: "Yeah, how will you cope?"
Woman: "Cope? We are women. Don't ask that stupid question"

No comments:

Post a Comment