Tuesday, December 7, 2010

To the MOON

December is my birthday month. Due to my own stubborn behavior, my birthday is just 2 days shy of Christmas (I was due on the 8th!), which means celebrating on my actual birthday is pretty much off the table. Instead, I try and go out with as many friends as possible throughout the month of December. This morning, I realized that with school, intramural, and the holidays, there weren't many days left open to do just this, so I sent out an email to my 3 closest friends to see if we could do our annual Margaritas and Me dinner.

One friend said she had another birthday that night at Howl at the Moon but she should be able to go to dinner first and then meet up with the other party after. Being the awesome friend she is, she invited me to come along with her and I figured, why not. I immediately opened up my Google Calendar to put this new event in. I just made the event the quick way, where you click on the time slot and just add the title, in this case "Howl at the Moon". After, I realized that I haven't been to Howl at the Moon and should edit the event with more details to include the address. When I opened the event I saw this:



Google Calendar tried to be so helpful by adding in an address based on the title of the event! Since there was a link to click on map I had to see if Google Earth has become Google Universe. Sadly, no. As far as Google is concerned, "the moon" is in Lexington, KY. Nice try Google, you aren't as perfect as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment