Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Oscar --- Dresses

The Oscars themselves were boring/bad, poor Anne and James. They were set for failure from the get go. But who really cares about the show anyway, what really matters is the fashion!

Sadly, the Red Carpet wasn't much better. Most celebrities were dressed well, but there weren't many show stoppers out there. In fact, I could barely remember any of the dresses this morning, well any of the ones I actually liked. But after reliving it online through pictures and articles, I was able to come up with a few worth mentioning.

Florence wore this Valentine Couture dress on the carpet, and then changed into an orange number for her stage performance. I get that many people didn't care for this dress. Some even refer to it as a doily gone wrong. Yeah it covers up her body from neck to wrist to foot, but I think she totally rocks this. If someone like Kate Hudson wore this, I would say it was uuuuugly. But on Florence it looks like rocker in it.

This dress doesn't really do it for me. I have been informed by the Fashion Police that the gown was amazing in person and just didn't photograph well. The real reason why she is on the list right now is because I loved the attitude she gave to Seacrest on the Red Carpet. Girl has sass.

Reese has been criticized for this dress. I, for one, find her bubbly, adorable, and gorgeous in this simple dress. Really what it comes down to is her hair-do. It reminds me of Elle Woods and the June Carter all at once

Being pregnant isn't easy, or so I have been told, and I think she was able to pull of a wonderful Oscar dress without her whole look screaming out "I would have looked way better if it weren't for the bump". It was also really impressive that Rodarte was able to supply her with a dress at the last minute given she isn't her usual tiny self. (Love love love the color on her)

I don't know who this woman is, but I didn't like this dress when Taylor Swift wore it and I don't like it now. I was highly disappointed that the Fashion Police didn't play "Bitch Stole My Look" with this, so I felt the need to blog about the copying. What made her wear this dress just about a year after a girl who is easy more than half her age? Bad idea.

Damn she looks good. I aspire to look as good as Helen Mirren as I age. The dress is a little tight, but it is so on trend and she looks divine. The puffy shoulders look amazing, most other older women would look like they were trying to hard. She instead looks like she was the inspiration for the garment.

And let's end with some crazy. HBC is one of my favorite actresses out there. I am pretty sure she said this dress was made by a costume designer, and that just makes me smile. What better way to celebrate film than to let the costumers dress you for the big event? Personally, I want that fan purse, bad. Helena, where'd you get it??

No comments:

Post a Comment