Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Best five minutes of my Wednesday

Ever since I left high school my skin slowly started to go downhill. It wasn't an all over the place issue, pretty much the irritations stayed on the lower half of my face. For the last couple of years I have been avoiding the obvious choice of heading over to see a dermatologist. To some degree I was in denial, to another I was afraid there was nothing to be done, the rest was just laziness. About three months ago I bit the bullet and went.

The appoint was quick and easy. I left with a prescription and hope that my skin could be rebooted. After a few weeks, I saw drastic improvement and now there is just some redness/scarring. I went to Sephora to see if they had any products that might help with cell turnover, which should then allow for the color to fade and disappear. One of the helpful employees showed me the Clearing Mask by Kate Somerville and I found it to be a fantastic product.

The instructions state that it should be used just twice a week, so I go with Wednesday and Sunday nights. This allows for me to feel rejuvenated after three days of work (and now one day of class) and then again prepares me for the week to start all over. The mask goes on smooth. Since I use it on the lower half of my face, I am able to really enjoy the fragrance it gives off. I think it is something like simple tea. After the five minutes is up and I wash the mask off, my skin really does feel happy.

Personally, I think I see a difference and I would say the feeling of relaxation that I get from it is worth the price. If anyone has any other masks they find to be helpful, please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment