Monday, September 6, 2010

Triumphant return to the kitchen

For the last three months my experiences in the kitchen have been limited to microwaving, toasting, and the occasional nachos or buffalo chicken dip in the oven. As Harry Truman said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". Personally, I can't during the summer, so I try to keep my distance from that very small room in my apartment.

With the arrival of Earl, the temperatures have dropped to a much more comfortable level and I am more inclined to consider the idea of using my stove top. Tonight, I decided to make my triumphant return by making a pasta sauce. I had some canned tomatoes and sauce that were begging to be put in a frying pan. As I began tossing in spices and cheese, I remembered a recipe that my friend sent me for sauce that involved a stick of butter. It sounded weird to me too, but being high of the smells of freshly made dinner, I just let my hands work and in went a few lumps of butter. Holy moly, so tasty! I highly encourage you all to try it next time it is pasta night, the butter really did make a difference.

Seriously, is there anything butter doesn't make better?

No comments:

Post a Comment