Saturday, July 31, 2010

Addicted to Carni Games

Back home a traveling carnival would come through our town and set up in the beach parking lot on Mother's Day weekend. Everyone would go because it was one of the most exciting things to happen in our area. There a handful of rides and a ton of carnival games.

One of my first memories of that carinal is getting suckered into playing a game which took me six tries before I won. The reason I remember it took me that many rounds is because I named the small cat/mouse like creature six. My mother was appalled that I wasted so much money that day.

Ever since then, I have come to understand that I have an addictive personality and cannot step away from a carnival game until I win. I mean how hard is it to knock down 6 milk bottles or skirt water at a target the fastest? My defense is to stand as far away from the stand as possible. The men will yell out to me to see if I will play and I have to keep my distance. As soon as I take a few steps in and answer a question beyond "wanna play?", I am done.

This weekend the Northend was having a festival and there were carnival games. I was trying to improve my mood from Friday's events and because of I was so focused on being super happy, I forgot to activate my carnie game defenses. Needless to say, I got suckered in without much of struggle.

Good news! I won on the first go. I had three darts and needed to pop three balloons in order to win. And it happened! Yay. Now I am a proud owner of a blue duck. That blue duck became the center of my afternoon, everyone wanted to know where it came from. It came from skills, or maybe skillz if you will.

Please meet Dr. Quacktaculous

No comments:

Post a Comment