Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Resolutions

This past weekend QVC had Christmas in July - my mom's a fan. Which made me think about if we can have Christmas in July, why not New Year's Eve. Ok, so the countdown to midnight would be pretty anti-climatic, but honestly what makes July 1st 12:01 am so special? My thought was now that we are half way through the year, I have new resolutions in mind that I would like to declare out loud so that I can feel the public pressure of following through with them.

1. Wash my dishes every day

Basically I have found that I go days without washing my dishes. This normally doesn't get too bad, but when I don't do them for a few days and then go away for the week - eeeeep is my sink funky.

2. Strengthen my core

A friend sent me the link for Two Hundred Situps. It is a perfect solution to my dilemma of what to do. In terms of finding the time, why not jump onto my floor while I watch all my trash tv. Think about it, between The Real Housewives, Bethanny's Getting Married, Bridezillas, and Teen Mom (who am I kidding, I will so watch season 2 of the Jersey Shore) I have have hours each week that I can devote to a strong midsection.

I am not deluded to think I can have rock hard abs or some crazy lady six-pack. But I do want to feel tone and get rid of that pouch that shows up when I eat too many potato chips.

If I can think of any other resolutions, I will let you know. But really, I think anything more than two is just being way too ambitious about changing my lifestyle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment