Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sometimes You Just Need It Shortened

I rarely have to hem pants. For one, many of the pants I buy are just long enough so I don't look like a nerd when wearing flats. If I am able to find pants in long, they are labeled jeans that go with my 3-4 inch heels.

The problem comes when I find the perfect pair of jeans that could go either way. Like my Lauren Conrad matchstick jeans. When I tried them on in the store, I saw that they went perfectly with a pair of flats. Once I got home I decided to try some pumps with them and realized the look only worked if I cuffed them so they looked cropped.

I was at a crossroads. I can't bring myself to permanently alter them to a cropped length but I also don't want to have to fold them when ever I wear heels, because let's face it, that is more often than not. Thankfully Hem Gems have been invented.

These little buggers help to pin up your jeans with some adorable studs. They are only $20 for a set of eight. Depending how I feel at the end of the week, I might have to make a purchase. Normally I don't bother with anything that requires shipping charges, but here, I might have to make an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment