Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mayo Clinic works for ME!

So I have metatarsalgia. Basically the ball of my foot hurts like a bitch. Good news is that the Mayo Clinic says I just need some rest and then I can go back to my regular routine. phew. In the mean time, flats it is. Boo. I opted for sneakers today - the silver/hot pink ones - so I was happy.

While using the web to research my current foot ailment I found this article that informed me that


a) high heels by definition must be at least 2 inches tall, and

b) the healthiest shoes for women are those with fairly wide heels that are no more than a half or three-quarters of an inch in height - aka boring

The article does give me hope in that I do not need to completely give up my shoes as long as I alternate them with flats - done and done. Furthermore, and here is the exciting part, panty hose can cause just as much damage if not more to your feet! Hells ya. I hate those things. Pretty tights with no feet - well that is another story completely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment