Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crunch Time!!

Christmas is in less than a week. Which is awesome. But I am getting a little panicky. My Christmas cards have all been personalized, addressed, stamped and mailed. My gifts not only purchased but also wrapped. And yet I am extremely concerned. Why? I have not yet watched any of my favorite Christmas movies!

Love Actually starts 8 weeks before the holiday and I try to start watching mid November to work with the time frame. I will subsequently continue to watch it semi regularly while cleaning, decorating or just hanging around. The flow of the different story lines is so well executed with the way the characters interact and are intertwined. Even with all the love, the movie keeps it it light and funny with some spectacular lines, such as; "I am Colin, God of Sex". This movie will forever and always make me think of college. I don't even know if I can count the number of times we got together to watch this one.


"Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color?" Another new Christmas classic. This movie is so quotable. Everyone seems to around saying lines from this one... "SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!" This one let's your inner kid come through. Who doesn't like Will Ferrel in a small green elfish costume? It is truly fantastic. Makes any grump into a believer. After seeing the movie I can't help but to sing a Christmas song loud and clear for all to hear.



My mother's favorite Christmas movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We watch it annually as a family, often in Florida. Nothing says Christmas like palm trees. There are so many physical gags in this film. Personally, I love it when they untie the tree and the branches just explode everywhere. Just thinking about it makes me giggle. Chevy Chase is doing well for himself on Community, but he will always be Clark Griswold to me.



I hope to find some time to get some movie watching in stat! In the mean time, at least I can enjoy the cartoon intro to Christmas Vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment