Thursday, December 10, 2009

E! Holiday Gift Ideas

Giuliana provided E! viewers with a gift guide for buying for females. Her suggestions were pretty awesome. I was totally psyched to see that she suggested the folding flats.


The flats she showed were about $60, which is so much more than what I paid for mine. I got a pair of gold ones from Mint Julep for about $20. I was dying walking back from an interview, needed a break, and remembered that I had seen these at the store earlier that week. I bought them and use them all the time. Walking to the T is more than just a few blocks from my house so I usually wear these until I get on the train. While looking for a picture of the shoes I found this great site that sells the ones I got, cute gold pouch and all!

The other item that she mentioned that I found particularly interesting, and that was Big Lips Skinny Hips. This is a lip gloss that doubles as an appetite suppressant. I don't know how I feel about this. A lip gloss that messes with my appetite? Does it taste bad or something? The funny thing is that I have no problem with Venom, which causes your lips to puff up, but messing with your eating habits is just wrong. Honestly, it probably has to do with how weight/eating is combined with fashion and beauty. Make-up does change a person's appearance, but this just seems to be messing with a girl a little much.

I did find a link that provided information on how to apply make-up to make your face skinnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment