Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Do they know me or what?


My birthday is this week. Given the awkward timing of my birth being so close to Jesus's I often go about celebrating most of December. This past week I was able to see a number of friends, share a number of drinks, and ended up getting a number of gifts. Above you can see me sporting most of them. What can I say, my friends really understand me.

One friend gave me a leopard print Snuggie. After I opened the gift and subsequently let out a squeal in the middle of the thai restaurant she told me how she was hoping to get this for me before someone else did. When in the store, there was a few shelves of Snuggies, but only one leopard one. A woman was holding it, thinking about it, and eventually put it down for a moment to mull on the purchase decision. My friend was watching this whole thing go down, as soon as the box hit the shelf and the woman turned her back, my friend grabbed the box and dashed to the cash register. Moral of the story, when looking at a one of a kind (in the store) tacky item, don't put it down, someone else probably has a friend that has as bad taste as you do.

Another friend helped further my sunglass collection with a pair of hot pink sunglasses. These will be worn with pride. In fact they were worn this morning on my way to work. The glare off of the snow was completely unnoticeable.

The lip gloss is actually Venom. The Twilight lip plumping gloss. "Get bitten...be transformed" is written on the container the product comes in. I have tried it out. The color and the plumping seem to favor my bottom lip, which really shouldn't get any bigger. It is fun, and it does make your lips look you just sucked the blood out of some poor souls artery. Can't wait to sport it public.

The final gift in the picture is that beautiful metal flower ring. Don't fool yourself, that thing is heavy. It was a treat just seeing the friend that gave it to me as she now lives on the west coast. She told me she happened to see it and thought of me and had to purchase it. Of course I love it and of course I wore it to work the next day. One of my coworkers saw it and said "oh man that ring is just so you!!!". I smiled. It is fun to know that I have a style and look that is my own, no matter how tacky it is.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. I will be 26. Eeeep. Can't wait to see my family and home friends. This blog has been rather ignored this month due to personal stuff, it will probably be ignored again until 2010 as the holidays will keep me busy. On the off chance I can find time to write, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment