Monday, February 14, 2011

Grammy Favorites

The Grammys aren't known for having a classy and tasteful Red Carpet. This year was no exception. Even with some of the crazy disco ball dresses - I'm looking your way JLo - there were some celebrities that simply knocked it out of the park. I tried to think of an order of addressing my favorite looks, but ended up just loading pictures at random.

Justin Beiber

I'm going to get the only male in this post done first. In general, white suits look silly on white men simply because there isn't enough contrast. Therefore, he looks ridiculous, but I would like to think this was his idea which makes me warm up to it. Think about how many boys went to prom looking exactly like this - they thought they look hot and urban, but no, just silly. It's nice to know Beiber really is like any other 15 year old boy.

Nicki Minaj

Of course Nicki would be mentioned. She rocked this. Leopard from hair to toes is no easy task and she just went for it. At first I was on the fence, was this outfit too much for me? Then I saw it came with pockets. SOLD. This girl is definitely growing on me and I can't wait to see what she wear next.

Florence (sans The Machine)


I hate shear dresses with cut-outs...normally. This I love. Best Swan Dress ever sported on the RC. Quirky but elegant. She is totally making a dress that revolves around an angry/unfriendly bird and turning it into rock-star fashion. (Seriously, probably my favorite of the night)

Kathy Griffin

This dress is cut well and compliments her frame. The detailing is amazing. But the main reason this dress is worth mentioning is the color. Kathy has been really into this mustard yellow shade for the 2011 award shows, and I applaud her for going for it. This is the exact dress I would put on my fake roommate, she also has a soft spot for this color and while she is curvier, I feel she could rock it.

Nicole Kidman


I forgot how much I love Nicole. Her addiction to Botox threw me these past few years, and I would have a hard time looking past her face. Now that she is allowing her forehead to return to it's former glory, I can appreciate her style. What draws me to this dress is that it is so earthy in its tones. No glitter, but the texture draws you in. Again, here is a case where the sheer doesn't bother me, it makes the skirt cloud-like.

Rihanna

This was the best stage dress of the night. I have no desire to post up her RC dress. A friend and I were sitting on our respective couches in our respective apartments and feeling the same way - how was this allowed to be shown on tv? The dress was tacky and all it made you wonder was, is she wearing underwear? Unlike the other dresses posted here, I would have no desire to wear that thing. Oooops, didn't focus on the gorge dress that is above. Well, it rocks.

Katy Perry

I'm ending with this tall glass of bubbles. The wings are a bit much, but given that it is the Grammys, I like that she went with them. When else could she pull it off? I think the only reason I like the dress is because she is wearing it and it fits her persona. The other reason I wanted to end with Ms. Perry is because of the interview she had with Seacrest. Loved that Granny has a bedazzled cane and didn't know Ryan's name. Also found Ryan's question so bizarre about Russel being there, only to find out Giuliana asked the exact same thing when talking to Jesse Eisenberg a few weeks earlier on the SAG RC. Clearly Ryan doesn't watch E!'s Red Carpet show, or he would have stayed away from repeating a stupid question.



Phew, that was a long post. Can't wait for the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment