Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yay Packers! Doritos for the WIN

This year I opted to root for the Packers to win the Superbowl and was pleased to see that they won. Well, I actually didn't even notice that they had won until we glanced up and saw that confetti had started to fall - oops. Even though we threw a Superbowl Party, my friends and I were more interested in the commercials and the Puppy Bowl, so we socialized during the game play. **It is important to note, we had ZERO interest in the half-time show. We are all in the target demographic and found it painful/awful**

Sadly, we were convinced that the game started around 7:30. When we switched over for some pre-game coverage, we had already missed the first few minutes of plan and probably at least one set of commercials. Grrr. As the game progressed, the general consensus was that the ads were not overly memorable, and the overall quality has been going downhill the last few years.

Even with a number of flops, Brisk/Eminem combo - wtf??, there were a few good ones. My absolute favorite was the Volkswagen Darth Vader ad. I had seen a preview online, and was a little sad they had to cut it down a little. But still super cute/charming. The entire room erupted when it finished. Volkswagen, give your design/marketing people a raise or at the very least take them out for a round of drinks!



The other ad campaign worth mentioning was done by Doritos. Over the years, I have enjoyed their commercials. We did not see the finger lick coming and reacted loudly as a group. Again, drinks all around.



I love commercials, but with my current lifestyle, rarely have the patience or time for them. I am the kind of person ad people hope to reach and, for me, the cornier the jokes, the better! Thank you Superbowl, for making commercial watching a national past-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment