Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When I started work I got such a great deal at the beach snack stand - free - that there was no cost benefit for bringing a sandwich from home. Two years later, my summer job changed and I started at an office. With no snack girls around throwing around free stuff, I realized there was a major advantage to packing a dinner (night shift 11 am - 10 pm) than buy a sandwich from D'Angelo. That advantage was $6 a day.

Nine years later, I am still bringing my lunch - a girl has got to save if she wants new snow boots! My one big beef with bringing a lunch is finding containers to put food in and then a bag durable to hold everything. For a while I tried using regular plastic bags but, since I bring along my silverware rather than plastic utensils, they were constantly getting ruined. I keep my eye out for shopping bags that are sturdy enough for the silverware but big enough to hold the containers I buy at the grocery store. (I am more of a leftovers than a sandwich kind of girl).

Well, I found what I have been dreaming of:



The only downside is that they are not microwave safe. So I would have to transfer food into a bowl to re-heat, but I try to do that now as I hear microwaving shortens the life of my rubbermade tupperware. I would lean towards the 3 tiered version as I now have to bring lunch and dinner most days with school and all.

Let's keep these on the "I want" list for when I have some spare change lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment