Wednesday, February 16, 2011

If I were to walk the Red Carpet

Like many others out there, I have decided to devote a number of my Sunday nights to the major awards ceremonies. The best part of the whole pomp and circumstance is the pre-show Red Carpet coverage, obviously. Haute Couture Spring 2012 were shown a little bit ago, and I just went through and decided to pick out what I would wear, if I were invited and allowed to borrow the good stuff. :)

Versace


As this is my first awards show, I would want to make a statement. The rookie mistake is to go with the first pretty dress you see. While I adore this dress, I do understand it is probably a bit too busy for me. I just don't think I am tall enough to pull off a silhouette like this. There is a lot of design going on, very visually appealing, but I don't think I have enough practice "owning" my look to come out on the Best Dress List after getting photographed.

Valentino

The daredevil in me is drawn to this sheer number. I had no interest in Rihanna's sheer, but this, I love. I think because it is just showing the outline of the body underneath. The purple hue keeps me from wondering if the woman is wearing any underwear, and her boobs seem to be covered well enough. This photo is taken during a runway show, I do have a few concerns that it could be little bit more see through on the RC. Let's keep going

Dior

Voluminous skirts win over sheath dresses any day in my book - well maybe not on a wedding day but that is a whole other bag of chips. Dior provided me with a number of dresses to consider. I could see myself going with this if I were a pro at the RC, not for my first go.

This is getting warmer. The skirt is a little flat for me. But the colors are good for my hair/skin/eyes. Really the draw back is the sleeves. I overheat and tend to be a bit sweaty in long sleeves. No one wants pit stains ruining a good awards ni

And it is Dior for the win. Yellow is my color and tulle is my thing. The design along the neck would help give me a more womanly as it creates an illusion of a bust. I don't think I would style things the same way though. The gloves are fun but would have to go - remember I need to stay cool.

I can't wait to see the Oscar dresses, those women better bring the glam!

No comments:

Post a Comment