Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bringing Pigtails Back

My dear friends were running late last night and so I had some extra time on hands which was then spent working on my outfit. I tried out more outfits than I'd care to admit to, which was followed by hair and makeup. At this point, thanks to MAC and Sephora, I have some great tricks up my sleeves to create some seriously popping eyes and my lips simply speak for themselves - literally :P

My hair is the one aspect that I haven't been able to add some extra flair. It is straight and I have no skills. Last night, I decided to try and punk up some pigtails. I drew on the look that Audrey Hepburn sported when wandering around the city. The front has some height (think the BumpIt, the small one, not the celebrity version) and then a low set of pigtails.


I instead brought them up high and well, it surprisingly worked. Or at least I think they did, and my friend told me it was cute. Honestly, I think this might be a new fall back look.

I realize that high pigtails may make you envision trashy Britney Spears, but trust me. It was more punky, edgy even. They were awesome. And will become a staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment