Friday, September 18, 2009

Hiss, hiss, whooooooooosh


I thought I would be out cold last night because I was pretty sleep deprived this week. But, instead I was tossing around. I felt like maybe it was too hot, but that didn't make sense because it was pretty chilly last night. Right around the time my alarm was about to go off, I could hear this hiss hiss whoooooooosh noise. I thought maybe the water pipes were being loud. Sometimes I can hear it traveling up to the floor above me.

Nope, that was when I realized it was warm in my bedroom. The heat was on.

I have radiators in my apartment and heat is included in my rent. Last week I was panicking that I didn't have a thermostat but learned that I have little dials on each radiator that are used to control heat. I must have spun the one in my bedroom a bit because heat was pouring out.

Lesson learned. Don't touch the dials because the heat is now ready to roll. Second, if I am going to touch it, be careful because the dial gets a little warm...

No comments:

Post a Comment