Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stress Hurts

Friday I was out for the count and couldn't make it into work. Not due to a hangover, but due to the worst neck/back spasms I have ever experienced. I don't know what happened. It wasn't like I over exerted myself doing anything physical that afternoon. All I know is one minute I was fine and then BAM around 3 pm my neck started to tense up enough that turning my head was a bit painful.

I started taking Ibuprofen by the handful, which definitely helped me. Thankfully we had a three day weekend. By Monday things were looking up. I thought today would be easy. I think I figured out where the problem is stemming from, one word - STRESS. About halfway through the day I realized that the day was not going smoothly and my week would not be as simple. (and by simple I do not mean easy, but merely that I knew what I was in store for and had some chance to finally catch up from my vacation) Around 3 pm, I was tensing up and raiding the communal pain killers.

I am looking into ways to find my center at work. I think one of my superiors saw how things are begining to get to me as he told me to not worry about things and asked me to not get stressed. I appreciated the request, but there is no way I can let go of my concerns at this point in time. My plan was to start yoga again in the mornings by next week. I hope I can make it...

Didn't mean to be a bit of a downer, but if you know any relaxation tips I'd be more than interested in hearing about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment