Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sometimes You Just Got to Wear a Tiara

I woke up tired, and slightly cranky. While I did have a great first part of the evening with some gal pals watching New Moon and eating cupcakes, the end of the night consisted of me sitting on my couch in disbelief as the Celtics got pounded. I needed Wednesday to be, in a word, awesome.

Work did not help, except for my lunch hour nap. I have taken to napping during my lunch as I find it to be the best use of that time. This time, not only did it give me the extra zzzz's I needed but also boosted up my energy so that I could go to my kickball game at 8:15 pm.

Normally, I wear my pink tutu to the games. Yes, I know I now play on the purple team, but this bit of happy tulle is just too hard to give up. The tutu brings me, and pretty much everyone that sees me, joy. I had this nagging feeling that maybe the tutu wouldn't cut it this time, so I went to look through my costume closet. As soon as I opened the door, I saw it.

My tiara.

I bought it for last year's Halloween costume (Holly Golightly) and I don't know if I have touched it since. The tiara was quickly nestled into my updo and off I went, skipping down the hill.

Even though it is smaller and less colorful than my tutu, it received just as much attention and caused just as many smiles. I have interacted with a number of people on my short walk to kickball these last few weeks because of my choice in clothing, and this week was no different. Everyone seems to enjoy seeing a bit of misplaced flair.

I think I will have to pull out the tiara more often. My mother honors Tiara Tuesdays and wears one in her classroom each week. If I could get away with it, I think I would do the same. Sadly, I don't think my office would approve. At least I have outlets like kickball that allow for some flair in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment