Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer with USA

All of the regular season shows are over. The only program still wrapping up right now would be my dirty indulgence of The Real Housewives of NYC. Bravo realizes how much of a train-wreck these seven women are and has decided to stretch the finale into 3 episodes. At this point, there is just one left to go and I can't imagine there is much more to talk about. Personally, I was curious to see what Kelly Bensimon would say, and well, she is just as incoherent as ever.

Most channels seem to give up on tv during the summer season, which makes sense. I have very little time in my day now that I am willing to devote to watching shows. If it is nice out, I want to be outside. The one channel that I do get excited for, and keeps my DVR in shape, is USA. Both Royal Pains and Burn Notice are starting up again, and I am quite pleased with both.

If you have not given these shows a chance, and are looking for something to watch on Thursdays, I would suggest becoming a fan. You could easily jump into either without backtracking through previous seasons.

Burn Notice is about Michael Weston, a burned spy in Miami, who uses his spy knowledge to help people out of sticky situations. With the help of his girlfriend and friend, very intricate plans get put together, usually ending with something blowing up. His mom is a great character that you see for just a few minutes here and there, always with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

Royal Pains focuses on Dr. Hank who used to be a top surgeon in NYC but gets sued for negligence. He goes into depression until his CPA brother drags him out to the Hamptons. After sneaking into a super swanky party, there is a medical emergency, which Hank deals with, and thus his life as a concierge doctor begins.

I'm excited for the summer to kick off, and while I like to get the most of the good weather, I do like that at least one network is giving me something to watch if I just want to be a lazy bum.

1 comment: