Sunday, June 27, 2010

True Blood is Back!

Vampires are hot. Duh.

True Blood started up again on HBO early in June and I have been holding off watching the new episodes mainly because I wanted to make sure I could give these characters and the plot my undivided attention. The secondary reason is that I have been sucked into the drama known as LOST.

True Blood is amazingly well done. The show is set in the small town of Bon Temps where there are many human and vampire residents. Sookie Stackhouse is a human, who is able to read peoples' thoughts for some unexplained reason, and during the first season we see her fall in love with Bill, a vampire. The show does give vampire lovers a break from the likes of Twilight with some intense fighting and sex scenes. I highly encourage you to catch up if you are out of the loop on this one. Below, for your enjoyment, are some of my favorite quotes from the last two episodes...

Eric - Do you know how to use one of these?

Sookie - I am not that blonde

Eric - "Well I'm not leaving. You are going to invite me in so I can protect you or have passionate primal sex with you. How about both?"
Sookie - "You are not going to distract me by talking nasty"

Terry - 10 reasons why you can trust me with your kids
1. I'm a nurturer. I found a baby armadillo by the side of the road, and I nursed it, and now it sleeps under my bed. And it's name is Felix.
2. I have a diploma from anger management where I learned that talking about your feelings is the manly thing to do

Russell - It's like Armageddon every time someone chips a dessert plate.

Werewolf - Johnson's my best god damn man
Russell - They are all dumber than a box of rocks
Werewolf - Sir that is unfair
Talbot - To boxes? Maybe. or rocks?
And yes, in case you couldn't tell by the last quote, season three has added a pack of vampired blood loving werewolves into the mix! This season should be good!
conor from ugly betty

No comments:

Post a Comment