Monday, January 12, 2009

Coffee and Boobs


As an avid coffee consumer I am amazed to hear that because crude oil has fallen in value "soft commodities" like coffee are predicted to fall as well. If I was driving my car almost to empty, had $3 in my pocket (clearly in this hypothetical situation we are assuming no one takes plastic) and needed my $2 morning cup of coffee, I sure as hell would hope that the half gallon of gas I could afford would get me to my barista and back.

To be honest this post was originally inspired by the article in the Globe this morning that informed readers about the amazing new coffee shop that is opening in Maine.For coffee drinkers who need more than caffeine to get them going, Donald Crabtree thinks he's hit on an eye-opening answer in this small town just north of Augusta.

Crabtree plans to open a topless coffee shop in as soon as a month here, where the biggest excitement has usually been the town picnic during Vassalboro Days each September.

In a long-vacant building that once housed Mac Daddy's Pub at the Fat Cat Grille, Crabtree plans topless service between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 25 tables arranged on a checkerboard floor behind blacked-out windows and a cordon of security. Read more...


I enjoy the woman who threatens her husband with divorce if he picks up a coffee drinking habit. God help that man, hopefully he already is a regular at some strip club. But being the practical minded person that I am, I have to wonder if I could handle working at the topless coffee shop...I mean what if someone ran into me and I spilled on myself. Damn, Gina that would hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment