Friday, January 23, 2009

Stacy and Clinton Would be SOOOO Proud



Last night while standing at the Paradise in Boston listening to Dar Williams sing I had an amazing revelation...my pants fit wonderfully. They were still sitting very much above my hips, the crotch was no where near my knees and I could feel the fabric sitting close to my entire leg. I have always had a problem buying clothing. My biggest fear is that I invest in something only to gain 32 pounds over night. (something i realize cannot happen but am absolutely convinced will) So in the past, I have always gone not necessarily baggy, but there is always little extra fabric, just in case. The main reason I started reevaluating whether or not I can trust my personal judgment comes from the fact that I was trying on a pair of jeans and the store employee told me I needed TWO sizes smaller than what I was looking at. I thought she was crazy, so just to prove her wrong I took the pants in with me...low and behold she was right. Not only did the pants fit, but they looked FAB. Ever since, I have been slowly rebuilding my wardrobe with clothing that fits. It is quite exciting to feel this good in clothing and I am extremely happy that woman butted into my life. :)

I am now purging my closet of items that are just too big. This is partly because my closet is very small and becoming very full. But also because I have to realized that even if I do gain weight and they suddenly fit the items will be so out of style I will need new shit anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment