Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the hunt begins anew

I completely forgot to keep you posted on the hunt for red october...umm i mean the hunt for the green 4 inch heels.

Looking out the window while bundled under my fleece sheets in my bed, I saw the world as a cold and uninviting place. The sky was saying stay put, but I knew I would feel like a waste if I missed my chance at the finding THE SHOE. Dressed and armed with my ipod, out I went to pleasantly find that the world was actually a lot warmer than I expected. Catching the Number 1 Bus I got off at Newbury street, grabbed a coffee from DD and felt ready to hunt.

Sadly, after entering a number of shops, I came out with a bunch of purchases, but no green pumps. I will advise any and all Boston readers to get their butts down to Newbury ASAP as I scored big that afternoon.

Lucky jeans regular $129 purchased at $45

(website says $64.5...I think the woman at the store may have made an error. oops. hey, we bonded. she helped me yet again come to terms with the fact that I need to buy jeans that are "tight" -- no way am I ever going skinny. )

<--- of course I would show you the butt view Puma sneakers regular $89 purchased $36/$39



(again better deals than what's listed on the web. but go quickly! the awesome sales guy was telling me how quickly things were flying off the shelves!!! he was super interested in kickball, kind of the reason i wanted the silver...that and I like to be tacky sometimes)




moral of the story: I still don't have THEM. But I make friends with sales people way too often and sometimes get better deals because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment