Thursday, January 22, 2009

My iPod had a Heart Attack



Honestly, it did. I was walking to my morning meeting in the square and all of a sudden my iPod just stopped. It had more than a 75% charge still in it, so there was no way it just burned through its battery. I tried turning it back on, thinking maybe some how i banged it in my pocket. The little guy tried so hard, but just a flash of the apple would show up nothing more. At this point I am freaking. I use that thing every day, what was I going to do... I didn't want its potential death to distract me from my upcoming interview so I needed a diagnosis and I needed one stat!!

As a side note I feel like I should let you know I am currently reading Well Enough Alone which is a memoir of a woman who is a hypochondriac, so my disease radar is way WAY up. And apparently it allows for me to attribute human disease to inanimate objects, go figure.

Back to the story --- Due to my inability to be late to anything, I was 30 minutes early for my meeting. I did have my iPod charger with me, as I had used it at the office the other day and had not emptied out my bag since. Once I was in the building, I found an outlet in the hallway that was slightly hidden behind a fake tree (I'm relatively certain it was fake) and figured giving the iPod a power boost was really the only thing I could do. Once he was plugged in, there was a click or two and he awoke! He just needed a pick me up. I don't know if it was too cold or what, but I have never had to jump start my iPod before, and now I am very concerned for his well being. Let's hope he can pull through this ordeal and keep me moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment