Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the Making

January 20th 2009. wow, what a day in history. i mean afterall, i went on a date with guy i met online.

yeah i bet you didn't see that coming...

so last winter i admit to signing up for a free online dating site. there had been a lull and i figured why the hell not. i learned very quickly that i attract very unnerving 20 somethings and lonely 50 year old men. i quickly quit looking at the site and basically forgot about it. i did not however ever take down my profile. sometimes i would feel guilty when i was seeing someone and the site would remind me of who was "stalking me". but i figured meh, whatevs. Over the holidays people get desperate, and i got a flood of emails telling me i was cute, etc, which definitely makes you feel good about yourself especially when you know you are transitioning out of a fling.

this week i agreed to meet one of my "stalkers". i only really asked him to meet in person because the last person i said this to got scared off and i thought that would be the easiest way to end it. (i am a firm believer that ignoring people is just rude). to my surprise he agreed to it. so after my jazzfunk class i had to race back to inman to shower to only then race back to central to get on the t and head into the city.

the date was the definition of meh. it wasn't boring but it wasn't exciting. all i can say is at least i didn't have to pay for my captain and gingers. (i was really craving some rum. there had been a small pirates marathon on saturday - i think - and there had been no rum, i know, the horror!) but i think i need to stick with meeting people in bars, or basements, or yeah there is a reason i don't blog about my dating life...people might begin to think less of me :)

lesson learned. websites are not for me. but hey at least i tried.

DISCLAIMER: I did watch the inauguration, i did enjoy the speech and the small flub caused by chief justice roberts. but this topic was something i could actually write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment