Friday, January 16, 2009

My Golden Birthday's Second Cousin Twice Removed


Today is the 25th day of me being 25. So far, so good, no major quarter life crisis. In these first formative days of the next chapter of my life I have had some really great moments, which include but are not limited to...

* Reconnecting with a elementary/middle/high school (hey - small town we all know each other) friend who i have not really hungout with/spoken to in NINE years
* On a similar note, learned that i do not like yukon gold but am willing to split a bottle with two other people when necessary
* Quality time with one of my dearest friends who rarely get to see
* Eight days in Florida
* Read four books+: Tipping Point (awesome), Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress (hysterical), the Namesake (could have lived without), Twilight (I think we all know how I felt about that one), and then i started Roadside Attraction (But sadly have not had a chance to revisit it)
* Said good bye to a friend who left for CA because of a guy (think Felicity - obv before the bad hair cut)
* Finished my second grad school class
* Learned the secrets to photo shopping and was assured no one looks THAT good in real life
* and of course started this blog


Sadly, I do have to accept that the following can just never happen:
* be a child prodigy: no one cares if you can read and do math when your in your 20s
* be a child star: although I am at the perfect age to star in a sitcom as a freshman in high school
* get casted on ANTM (not that i would really want to be on the show now, its going downhill): 25 is basically retired as a model
* get arrested as a juvinile (which is clutch as the event can be wiped clean before I enter the "real world" and yet i still have a story to tell at cocktail parties)


I guess the best thing to do at this point is look at all the things I've already done or gotten through. Of course one would think I was referring to those cutesy loving moments like first kiss, love, etc. No, I am refering to stuff that I no longer have to deal with now that I am definately an adult:

* I have already gotten through the times of when someone else (aka mom) has a say in what I wear. I now decide to put on whatever I feel like - except mon-friday 9-5 unless there is holiday...
* Don't have to be concerned about having an ID, because clearly I have been 21+ for four years. oh wait, didn't i get turned away this summer b/c i was without said ID and i was questionable...grrrrr
* At least puberty school is over and done with, so that should mean that i've outgrown my awkardness...right? come on... please? really??

So yeah that list was kind of a bust...oh well. guess in the end, i just need to be happy and hopeful for the great things to come. i'd say let's hope for smooth sailing, but i find that its the bumps in the road that make the ride fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment