Saturday, January 30, 2010

I thought I already owned an iPaad


After Apple's big announcement regarding the iPad was made, I started searching online for responses to the new product. The news stories found through Google News provided the same basic details over and over again, so I decided to hit up Twitter to see what the general masses thought about it 140 characters or less. Most of the tweets I saw were linking me to the articles I already read, or announcing how the individual would want to purchase the iPad if they had the money. The absolute best tweet about the new Apple product came in the form of a retweet that I too, came close to having to retweet as well.

quoting a friend of a friend: "i thought ipads were just people from boston trying to say ipod...i was WAY OFF"


So yes, I understand that Boston does a unique accent where many letters are dropped, added or simply mispronounced. But did the group in charge of naming products at Apple really need to name this the iPad. The name is nice and short, but it is only one letter off of a very popular product. Couldn't they do iTablet like it was initially rumored? I can't imagine that the Boston accent is the only one that will cause people to be confused about what exactly is being talked about. Personally, I don't think my accent is all that bad, but I am now very conscious about saying iPad vs iPod.

I did hear that the next electronic that Apple is releasing is an outdoor touch screen radio for gardners called the iPot. Bad joke, I know I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment