Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lifetime Has Won Me Over

Project Runway has returned. And this time, it doesn't suck. At least not yet.

I finally got around to watching the first two episodes. Thanks DVR! The group looks pretty amazing. At this point, I am still feeling out the group and don't have ONE person that I am rooting for, there are a few that I currently have my eye on. (the last time I had a favorite right off the bat it was when Jeffrey was a contestant and, as we all know, he won)

I am just going to skip over talking about episode one for now (and probably ever) and go onto episode number two. The challenge was to make a burlap sack and into something the model could wear at an industry party. Project Runway is back bitches! This challenge was great. Below is my favorite dress that was presented.




















Honestly, was there any doubt in your mind that I wouldn't pick this dress? It is flouncy and fun. The dye job is phenominal. I love how it looks almost burnt, but perfectly almost burnt. The designer really had an amazing set of tricks in her bag to turn a heavy itchy looking sack, into something so light and youthful. On a side note, that model's face is a little scary in the image on the left, so I would suggest not staring at it for too long...

Tom and Lorenzo the writers of Project Rungay wrote up the following:

About the only criticism we can make is that the skirt is a bit too much of a tutu.

I should hope we can all agree there is NO such thing as too much tutu. This is a dress I would wear, so long as it wasn't itchy. :)

1 comment: