Saturday, January 16, 2010

Countdown to April 10th

Why?

That would be the night that I, and four friends, will be seeing the one and only Chelsea Handler. We all love her show (Chelsea Lately) and her books. The woman is just so hysterical. It is really hard to find female comedians that are consistently good. I just feel like Chelsea has the same thoughts that we do. She is very open with her audience and let's in on her bladder problems - specifically that she has occasionally peed herself from laughing too much.

Sadly, I have only read My Horizontal Life which was beyond funny. The book is a collection of short stories of her one-night stands. It is a great book to have to read while commuting because once you are done with a chapter you can easily put it down without feeling like you have to keep reading. Seriously, it is worth the read. I have not had the chance to read Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea yet, but I have every intention of picking up a copy as soon as I am able.

To show our respects, the five of us plan to drink some Belvedere (as Chelsea recently switched alliances from Grey Goose to Belvedere - apparently Grey Goose has extra sugars) before attending the show. Also, we found it rather appropriate that Ms. Handler will be preforming at the Wang - we hope she can use that in her routine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge vodka fan like Chelsea... but we all know that vodka doesn't have sugar in it! Chelsea didn't do her homework before she announced that. You should stick with a Grey Goose and soda (my drink of choice!) if you're trying to be health conscious ;)

    ReplyDelete